As you might know already I like to help out in making the bento, but don’t like waking up earlier anymore. So what I did was to marinate the chicken in pineapple sauce and get it ready for the wife to cook it. It might not seem like much, but by me preparing the food gives her more time with our son in the mornings.
- 2 large chicken breast cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 sweet pepper
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and ketchup
- Add the chicken and sweet pepper pieces and mix well
- Let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight to help blend the flavours
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet and add chicken and brown well on all sides
- Stir in marinade with peppers. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn chicken occasionally so pieces pieces glaze well.