So every morning my son and I watch MOCO’Sキッチン as we eat breakfast. MOCO’Sキッチン is a 5 minute cooking programme staring Mokomichi Hayami and its part of the ZIP morning show. A couple of days back Mokomichi Hayami made meatballs and my son asked me to make it. (My son doesn’t speak so he told me in his way).
Since I did not have all the same Ingredients needed in the recipe. I made do with what was in the fridge and came up with a version my son would eat.
- 200 g of ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 can of tomato
- 1 tbsp. seasoning ( mixed herbs)
- 1 eggplant
- handful of button mushrooms
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Dice up, garlic and half the onion.
- Cut the eggplant into square cube.
- Slice the remaining half of onion.
- Knead well the egg, diced garlic, diced onion, seasoning, salt and pepper and ground beef
- Form kneaded ground beef into balls and place into heated olive oil.
- When meatballs look about done add in the onions, mushrooms and eggplant. cook for about 5 minutes
- Add tomato's and let cook for 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.