The beginning of Summer Vacation,
Well it’s the end of one crazy week and the start of Summer Vacation. Since the little one and the wife will be off next week, we plan to be out and about in Japan. So we have been cleaning out the refrigerator and using up all the left overs.
Since fry-rice is an easy way to use up extra rice, it was a good choice for last night’s dinner.
My Fry-rice, (Kid approved)
2 cups of rice or left over rice from last night’s dinner
1 tsp. of dry curry
2 Tsp. of Soy Sauce
2 Tsp. of Tomato Sauce
150 g of ground beef
3 shiitake mushrooms
2 Tsp. of oil
1. Boil the rice, once it has finished let it cool down to room temperature.
2. Cut up the onion, carrot and shiitake mushrooms into little pieces. This help’s them to cook quicker.
3. Heat up the wok, add oil and dry curry. The heat helps to bring out the flavour of the dry curry. (my father’s tip in making great curry) Once the curry smells sweet add the ground beef and onions. Less than a minute for that to happen.
4. When the beef and onions have been cooked through, add the carrot and shiitake’s.
5. Add the rice to the wok and mix everything together over a low heat. While mixing add the Soy and Tomato Sauce
6. Added salt and pepper and serve.
For the other items will place the recipes online later.