You want a simple and quick meal for your bento? Try Fried Potatoes with Bacon and Onions. The wife has been making this for our son’s bento as it’s easy and quick. The funny thing is that I been having this since I was my son’s age. My father would cook up the same thing just without the bacon as we did not usually have pork in the house.
Fried Potatoes with Bacon and Onions
2-or 3 large potatoes
1/2 pack of bacon
1/2 onion thinly sliced
Salt and Pepper
A few drops of Oil
1. Wash, peel and thinly slice potatoes, do the same with the onion.
2. Thinly slice bacon
3. Heat pan. Once hot add butter and oil.
4. When butter has melted into the oil add the onions and bacon. Fry until items have browned remove and add potatoes to pan
5. Cook until potatoes are soft (depends on the thickness of your slices), than mix in the onions and bacon.
6. Remove from heat and serve.